5

Dedicated to Edmund Ngo

HEARTBEAT

I could feel my heartbeat pounding inside my chest. I wondered how it felt to have a pacemaker control your heart, instead of raging teenage hormones. He was so cute.

#

So, last night, my good friend Edmund and I were talking about returning to our blogs (aspiring writers must keep writing!). So Ed pulled up this nifty little site called One Word: it generates a word, then gives you 60 seconds to write whatever first comes to mind. You can submit and see what other people have written based on that single word.

I actually find it very difficult to write off the cusp. Being a slightly obsessive-compulsive, perfectionistic sort of girl, I prefer to take my time to plan, craft and edit. This semester I took a course in novel-writing; I discovered just how difficult creative writing is and how many skills I still need to acquire.

The other comment Ed made was about the beauty of technology. Even though we are about 8,735 miles (14,058 km) away, we can still do fun things together. As an aside, I am so thankful for Edmund's friendship, faithfulness, and encouragement. I love having friends all over the world, and I can't wait to go back to Malaysia to visit. So Edmund, this post is dedicated to you.

5 comments:

Matthew Wong said...

this is so sweet..and mui mui, at last you are updating your blog..hehe..

Unknown said...

I'm going to write limericks! Unfortunately, 60 seconds isn't enough to be creative, witty, and funny...

Also, it reformats your posts and removes newlines.

Today: "there once was a man who was lazy considering labor as crazy when asked about work called the person a jerk and went for a film by scorcese"

Unknown said...

...and yes, my online pen name is Peter Smith.

ange violette said...

Thanks Lynnette for the post!!

Keep on writing!!

Danielle Jones said...

Pack their lunch for school. The foods that they get fed in school lunches are not always the best for them. You can pack them things that they like without the extras from processed foods. You can also give them a treat in their lunch so they will eat more of their lunch. Its OK to have a treat once in a while. - Adding lunges. Walking lunges can be a great strengthening exercise for your lower body and can also add some intensity to your walking routine. Do a basic lunge and add a walk, taking longer strides so you end up "dipping" for a few seconds as you go. It is a well-known hunger suppressant involving medical professionals it is commonly prescribed by doctors for you to patients in whose unhealthy weight poses a wellness risk. phen375 37.5mg phen375 information doctor medication phen375 37.5 reviews herbal phen375 reviews